Sunday 17 January 2016

Daily Painting #13 'Blue Jug' 10x8" Oil on Board



I want to keep experimenting with each daily painting and not have a set formula I stick to.  So today I tried out 3 background colours (painting them in), a radical red, yellow and the one you see. The muted colour seamed to work better and not compete with the blue jug.

Every painting seams to go through the stage of pain! With thoughts of  abandoning or wiping the board clean and starting again. I had that a lot with this painting, until near the end when it came together and I'm relatively happy with it. It does remind me of Greece, the colours, the shape...





5 comments:

  1. I don't think this was an easy subject but you have managed it well. Particularly, the 'fat' part of the jug with a myriad of colours, quite sumptuous. Also, bringing the background colour onto the jug itself.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. Think it must have been third time lucky with your experimentations, as the colours look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this jug, the colours are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. IT is a lovely pot. I can so see what you have been talking about in class. Each brush stroke counts. Do you mind a cheeky suggestion? I find I am looking for the reflected light. A touch of the turquoise blue on the base of the pot? Was it there? Maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Mediterranean. I can just see this on a table in Italy serving water or maybe even wine!

    ReplyDelete