Saturday 23 January 2016

Daily Painting #17 'Orange Pepper' 8x8"


A different style composition. I enjoyed painting with these colours, it feels like I've brought a little taste of the Mediterranean into my winter studio! I worked on getting the undulations of the pepper sides without just putting a line down to describe it.  It was also fun to work a bit bigger being 8x8" instead of 6x6". 

I was out early this morning, I did a quick sketch of a view across Bramshott Common, nr Haslemere.  I see this view everytime I walk my dog and have been wanting to capture it for a while. At this time of the year the sun rises just behind the two trees. I will go back and do a painting outside when the weather is right.

6 comments:

  1. You are inspiring me Clare. Following your example I have got the book Daily Painting and I have already produced (without too much fear) two small paintings. I am enjoying looking at yours and I love your quick sketch and the pepper painting. I am looking at your brush work and compositiion and trying to stay loose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect shadow! The pepper is luscious and zings off the page. The violet/blueish background is complementary?
    love the little sketch......

    ReplyDelete
  3. All singing and dancing....this pepper makes me smile instantly. The ability to evoke such an emotion must be thrilling surely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great colours and colour combination. How many brush strokes? Nick O-B

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is now one of my favourites. I think it's the colours, so Mediterranean and the fact it's standing up. You see so much detail. Love it!

    ReplyDelete