Thursday 31 March 2016

Colour Mixing Studies 'Green & Violet'


These two sets of colour charts took me two and a half days to complete! Very labour intensive but worth it, as it tunes up my mixing skills and I will use the charts for years to come for my own practise and in teaching.
They complete the Secondary colour mixing using all the colours on my palette (mainly Primaries.)

The above mixes are VIOLETS the colours I used are -

Cadmium Red, Crimson, Magenta
Mixed with:
Cerulean Blue, Pthalo Blue, Cobalt, Ultramarine, Blue-Violet & Violet 

Because Violets tend be naturally dark in tone I have marked a lighter tone next to some mixes.


The above mixes are GREENS the colours I used are - 

Cadmium Yellow Pale, Cadmium Yellow, Camium Yellow Deep, Yellow Ochre
Mixed with:
Cerulen Blue, Phathlo Blue, Cobalt, Ultramarine, Blue-Violet

You can see there are crisp acidic greens compared with the Cadmium Yellow Pale mixes and earthy-dirty greens with the Yellow Ochre mixes.


No comments:

Post a Comment