Tuesday 26 April 2016

'Skies 1 & 2' Pastel on paper, 10x15" & 8x10"


Gorgeous sky again had to draw it. I haven't really used pastels much before, so I  experimenting with what they can do. I need to invest in some more colours and surfaces. I had a look online and got rather overwhelmed with the 400 colours I could choose from in just one make!
Also the surfaces, this one is with a sandpaper style rough textured like sandpaper, great for pastels as they stick to the paper nicely. 

I kept it quite loose in the marks and not putting much detail in. A couple of colours I overlaid with another but mostly it's one layer. I also let some of the brown paper show through to add unity to the whole - like an oil painting.




1 comment:

  1. Great to see you using yet a different medium. The clouds look fluffy! The use of the blue is excellent.

    ReplyDelete