Sunday 14 August 2016

Painting in the rain! Iceland

 
I thought yesterday was bad, today was WET!
I started painting in the rain thinking I could muster through it. Husband left to photograph and I was left to battle. The rain was driving and my board and palette was wet within seconds. I kept wiping it down but each brush stroke was resisting my board and congealing in lumps! I thought I'm not going to let some rain beat me.....So I wiped and wiped and went through all the kitchen roll I had. My palette was actually flooding see pic below. I covered most of the board, but the strokes were a little laboured to try and make it stick, after an hour I was thankful to see Nick again. My waterproofs had worked for me but my painting kit was sopping, it's now drying on the hostel radiator.
My painting is ok, but not finished hence why I haven't posted it. I will look at again at home, when its dried out and see if its worth finishing.

3 comments:

  1. I take my hat off to you for even trying to paint in those conditions. I wouldn't have thought that photography was much better but hope you enjoy Iceland despite horrible weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Pat. Can't think Nick is faring much better. So hope the weather improves.....even a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm guessing you were not aiming to do 'water colours'?! 10/10 for commitment!

    ReplyDelete