Wednesday 4 January 2017

Pears Speed Painting


These look relatively simple to do but they're not! They take a lot of focus and drive to get them done and observed in the 10 minute time. They are still a mini painting even though they are small. They are 3x3" squares I tried apples and jugs last week.
It's to help speed me up when painting plein air and just tune my skills generally. 

Tried thick and thin paint and moving the lamp around to create different shadow shapes. Each time I painted the pear I saw more, like a different tone or shape.
I focused on the planes of the pear - the surface areas, this helped simplify the subject.

My students will be trying this next week, let's hope they enjoy it, as I think its a really useful exercise :-)

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this wonderful blog, I hope whenever I can, come back here.
    BRAZILIAN ART AND CULTURE. The art of Newton Avelino.

    WWW.AARTEDENEWTONAVELINO.COM

    ReplyDelete