Tuesday 3 October 2017

#234 'Morning Light, Tower Bridge' 8x10"


Yesterday I was in London painting with two artists one I them Rod Major I'd met through Instagram!
I set off from my house at 4.30am hoping to catch the sunrise. I was there in time but sadly  the clouds obscured the sun and my composition didn't work - I was too close to the bridge on too small a board! But it was a good warm up. 
At 8.30am Rod and I painted this scene. The light was unbelievable, looked like a Monet painting. Contra jour with the light directly over the bridge, a warm glow and sparkly water. It was such plein air bliss! 
I painted quickly to capture the moment. Not too much detail more about the feel and atmosphere.
I am pleased with the result! 
Will post the final painting from London tomorrow.


1 comment:

  1. A wonderful feeling to this painting of an iconic London landmark.
    I like the slab of yellow from the bridge down the left half of the painting, a hint of the colour in the sky. How well contrasted the water on the right!

    ReplyDelete