Sunday 5 November 2017

#255 'Morning Light, Emsworth Harbour' 5x10"


I did this one straight after the previous painting posted. Just moved around the harbour a bit.    I am a sucker for sparkle on the water! 
The boats were really silhuetted and strong shapes. I moved my body so the compostion of them worked - and then I didn't have to move them on my painting. I did edit a few out as it was too complex for the size board.
Again painted quickly as after 40 minutes the sparkle was gone. Limited tones 4 main ones. The colours mainly yellow and blue - Ultramarine & Naples Yellow.
Looking for little highlights on the boats as well especially the tops where the sun hits them.

When I get back to my studio I always get the paintings out and line them up on my shelf to decide if they work or not. I'm pleased with these two as a pair - it's not often they work together.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely pair of paintings, I am very impressed with the way you "capture the moment" and don't give up when the tide rolls in or the sparkle goes. I like the limited colours and the atmosphere they convey.

    ReplyDelete