Thursday 15 February 2018

#301 'Light over Baggy Point' 8x10"


Within minutes of starting this painting my subject disappeared - the light! A huge raincloud came over, I carried on for a bit but then abandoned and started another one. 

The rain cloud was amazing so dramatic, I enjoyed painting it. The photo doesn't really show the subtleties here is a sneak preview... It's not quite finished.

Then back to this one after the rain front went.
I wanted to make strong brush strokes no fiddling. I was on a top of a very windy exposed cliff and I had to attack my painting so it had the same energy as the subject. The sea was so loud the crashing waves. Quite a spot!

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed looking at this painting, brought back memories of the area. Love the light in the sky and on the water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is one of the nicest from your Devon trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete