Tuesday 20 March 2018

#316 'Tracks Through the Snow 10x12"


I went back to the same area as the previous painting the following morning - you can see the church in the distance, I'm stood further away. I loved the tracks and countryside feel.

Enjoyed the colours of the bushes on the right side and the strong fence line. I try to see colours in darks, just because they are dark in tone doesn't mean they are dull! 
It was a brighter day but still no sunlight. The sky was grey blue and I brought some of that colour down onto the snow as it reflects like water. 
I had painted in the big tree in the distance but decided it was competing with the church for a focal point so took out. I worked hard on getting the elements placed well before I began the painting which usually mean lots of drawing in and wiping it off again, important to start the composition well!

1 comment:

  1. A much stronger and closer view than the previous painting (no. 315). Lovely stuff and look forward to seeing the same place in the spring and /or summertime.

    ReplyDelete